Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rainy Day Cabbage Palms

Its 8 x 10, oil. Plein air painted in the rain in June 2003. I sat outside under the house eave and let the painting get wet as I painted, it was pouring rain. The paint acted sticky and it was an interesting experience. It has suffered no bad effects in the last five years.

It doesn't seem that long ago, seeing the painting brings it all back to me. I had on flip flops and my feet got wet from the rain, it was cold. I was painting very fast.

I have a cold and I am tired so I thought I would post an old painting. Its one I am fond of so its not for sale.

2 comments:

bj said...

I love the way you've captured the feel of the dreary, rainy day. It's just perfect....
And I'm sorry you have a cold. Hope you feel better soon.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks BJ! I hope so too! Its not that bad, not the worst I have had. Just enough to wear me out.