Thursday, October 23, 2008

Scattering of Sunshine by BJ Wright - SOLD

10"x8" oil on Raymar panel, painted en plein air, alla prima, on October 12th (completed at 11:15am) - SOLD - The sun didn't break through the scattered clouds until after 9:00 on that Sunday morning at Prater's Mill Country Fair. When I began laying in the basic shapes, my sight line into the woods was clear. As the morning progressed, dozens of people eating freshly baked goodies crowded around the picnic tables. I was popping my head up and down - like "Whack a Mole" - to see my subject as I worked to finish this painting. For purchase, contact me at beejw@charter.net.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

Nice composition BJ, I like the colors too.

bj said...

Thanks, Lori! It was kind of chilly that morning, but the sun was blazing onto the trees and fallen leaves.