Saturday, January 10, 2009

WHOOPS... Forgot my brushes!

"Impressionistic Marsh".... 8x16" Oil on panel, alla prima "en plein aire" with palette knife, 11-2008. .
.
This piece is currently on display at the Baysden Gallery for the Invitational Show titled "Water World" on exhibit through January.
.
Click on image to see a larger view and experience the texture and colors better...
.
.
My Lil' Painting Buddy, Olivia, and I set out on another plein air painting adventure recently. We went to one of our favorite spots at the Cedar Point branch of the Croatan National Forest. I got my Lil' Buddy all set up and painting and I picked out a good view for myself. As I began setting up my french easel I discovered something... Whoops... I forgot my brushes... they were on my desk at home just where I left them while packing my gear. Adapting to the dilemma I decided to do my painting totally with my palette knives which were luckily packed in my easel. The result was something totally different than you are used to seeing from me... I enjoyed the freedom of doing something totally different and fresh.
.
Close ups showing impasto texture from palette knife work...

.
This original oil painting by American Artist, Bernie Rosage Jr. is available for purchase... email Bernie with the title in the subject line... click HERE... for price and details.

No comments: