Friday, September 25, 2009

Meadowlawn Morning by BJ Wright

8"x10" oil on RayMar panel, painted en plein air, alla prima, on September 8th (completed at 10:30am)...$85 including shipping....This was a rather interesting painting being somewhat of an experiment. I had pre-toned the panel using random areas of ultramarine blue, yellow ochre with alizarine crimson designating the focal point which was the stand of trees in the upper left. In the actual painting, my palette consisted of yellow ochre, indian red, prussian blue and white. I may have used a touch of ivory black in the greens. Using a limited palette in the toning process, then using another limited palette in the final painting is something I'll explore further.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

chuck larivey said...

Hi BJ,
How are you doing? Nice little painting...I see your experimenting, that's good :=)
I'm waiting for the leaves to change, before I back to my favorite haunt!
Take care..chuck

bj said...

It's good to hear from you! I'm doing fine now that the 10 day rainy season seems to be over. We had a 2 day paintout last weekend with the "80% chance of rain" coming down both days. But we found shelter and painted anyway. We have great plans for finding Fall foliage very soon.