Thursday, November 15, 2007

Over The Mountain - N. Rhodes Harper


Hi, I am a new contributor here. I enjoy everyone's work so much and feel it is a privilege to be invited to join. I love plein air painting and I am addicted to it. I am also an equipment junkie so later I will post my set up (or setups). This is a painting I did one afternoon in the heat of summer. A family stopped right behind me, left their car running, and sat on top of their car to watch! Just a typical day in the life of a plein air painter. If any one is interested in buying this painting, please visit my blog and let me know,,and I will set you up. 6"x 8" oil. The bidding will start on eBay for S49.99. I am not one of the troopers who battles the cold to paint in the winter so the paintings I will be posting were done this summer en plein air. Thanks and it is nice to meet everyone here!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

bj said...

This reminds me of my favorite painting spot! Nicely done.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks BJ! Maybe you can come over and paint it with me sometime!

Lori McNamara said...

Hi Nancy and welcome! Its a lovely painting, looks so peaceful, even though you had the audience watching!

Jennifer Young said...

Nice! I love the perspective looking down on the scene.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the kind words. I am working on a portrait today! Happy Painting. Nancy

Jenna Star Friedman said...

I like your use of color--and your composition. Keep it up, and glad you've joined us!