Friday, March 28, 2008

Marsh Plein Air by Bernie Rosage Jr.

I belong to a plein air group called OOPS... Onslow Outdoor Painters Society. We gather once a month at "Paint Outs"... this painting is from our February paint out. An exercise in painting in the WIND along the intra-coastal waterway.

6x12" Oil on panel.
Click on image to enlarge...




As you can see from this photo the original size was actually 9x12"... the composition just wasn't pleasing so I used my artistic license and the table saw... an advantage when painting on MDF panels... ;)

Bernie

2 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

I love the name of your plein air group! It makes me think of what I say when I turn my back on my painting and it blows down.

Very nice painting, you caught the marshy feeling.

Jenna Star Friedman said...

I think you were right to cut it down, the composition is much better Very nice color and tone in this painting!