Thursday, July 5, 2007

Rising Water, Impressionism Landscape, Daily Painting

" Rising Water"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on canvas board



This is closer to the lock at Nubbin's Slough. It has rained hard everyday now for the past three days. The water is a little higher now. Part of the shore is under water. It was very windy today, so I didn't stay long. I did this one alla prima, and with lots of thick paint. What fun it was!

This will probably be my last one for a while, at least of the Nubbin's Slough area. I want to wait and see the difference when the water comes back up.

2 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

Nice painting! I am so glad the lake is starting to fill up, it rained off and on all day here today too.

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thanks!
Everyone is so happy to see the water levels rising, even when it is raining hard and we are soaked trying to go somewhere. I see lots of smiles and hear "Thank you God!" anyway!