Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rising Water


"Rising Water"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on canvas board
(canvas mounted on hardboard)
Ready to frame


This is a painting I did on location last July. I have reworked it a little because it had always bothered me. I have toned it down some and added an egret and an alligator. The alligators are often hard to see, so I hid him at the lower right. (Click on the image for zoom)


This painting is at Lake Okeechobee. Our water level is up to an average of ten feet. It has been almost two years now that it has been below this very low average.

There is a teenage boy that was attacked by an alligator here at Nubbin's Slough last month. Why he was in the water swimming at night in this area is beyond me. You can see large alligators that live here at any given time. They wait by the lock where the water flows into the lake, and they feed on anything that comes through.


Thanks for looking!


To see more one-of-a-kind originals, or to purchase this painting please see my blog at:

http://fawnspaintings.blogspot.com/ you can find posts by catagories and by the month.

No comments: