Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Garden plein air painting by Jennifer Young

This scene is one I've been "stalking" for a few days in the Bellevue neighborhood where I live. I've written before about my North Richmond 'hood, and how many avid gardners live around here. On one of our evening walks, we passed this adorable yard with a sunny garden of sunflowers and zinnias, and I knew I wanted to come back by and paint it. I especially liked this scene when the sunflowers were set against the neighboring house, at around 9 - 10 a.m., when the bungalow was mostly in shadow:

garden plein air painting by Jennifer Young
"Summer Garden"
Oil on Board, 8x10"
Contact me for more info.

I have a sick computer, so I'm unable to add this painting to my website catalog right now. For now, please direct any inquiries about this piece to me here.

Visit my website
Visit my blog
Contact Jennifer Young

4 comments:

Marian said...

Lovely, lovely!! I like the rich colors and the purple shadows sets off the yellow nicely. Great composition too. A++

Marian

Sandra Bonner Babb said...

You are such an inspiration. BJ and I are painting in the a m and hope to see something so lovely to attempt to paint. Bee-utiful.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much y'all. It was a fun little scene to paint.

Anonymous said...

Lucious color !

The 6th annual Great WORLDWIDE Paint Out takes place the weekend of Sept 5. Consider joining in and registering your location free on our website.