Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fort Keys to Taylors Ridge by BJ Wright

8" x 10" oil on canvas covered hardboard - painted en plein air, alla prima on 9-6-07 - $85 including shipping -
It was overcast on Thursday before the Battle of Tunnel Hill. I was set up at Fort Keys to paint the old shed and cornfield which play a big role in the reenactment. Several folks from Mississippi had just put up their tent in preparation for the battle to come. The meadow was peaceful under the early September sky; the trees showed signs of Autumn colors soon to come.
Contact me at beejw@charter.net





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

Well done BJ! I would like to see one of just the little sheds so I can see them close up, in case you don't know what to paint!

bj said...

I've included this shed in 2 paintings but both show it far away. I think I need to take your suggestion and paint it up closer. And I need to also get some photos for when it's too cold to go outside and paint. Thanks !!!