Sunday, September 2, 2007

Just Saying Good Morning by BJ Wright

8" x 10" oil on canvas covered hardboard - painted en plein air, alla prima - $85 including shipping -

Painted August 24th, this scene is quite similar to my painting titled "Early Before the Rain". This week had seen clear bright mornings, with colors fairly singing. I love to see the way different atmospheric conditions affect a scene. The previous painting ("Early...Rain" - July 20th) was done on an overcast morning - this one done with almost no atmospheric interference - except for the brilliant sun.
Contact me at beejw@charter.net





Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

wanda knight said...

You are on a roll BJ. I love the way you captured the morning sky. This one also reminds me of your "Early Morning"

Lori McNamara said...

Very cool BJ! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I am using another computer for now.

bj said...

I've been painting about the same time in the mornings for the past 3 weeks. I love how the same scene can look so different depending on clouds, fog, etc. Thanks for the comments. :o)