Sunday, August 12, 2007

As It Flows by BJ Wright

10" x 8" oil on canvas covered hardboard - painted en plein air - $85 including shipping -
This painting was originally painted on 4-25-07 but I just wasn't quite satisfied with the results.
---please click on image for an enlarged view---

Painted on an overcast day, it just didn't have that contrast - that 'ump' that makes a statement. I revisited the scene in Tunnel Hill on Saturday, painting in hand, and captured the August sunlight filtering through the foliage and into the underbrush. There was an amazing amount of purple - so I painted it, too. Contact me at beej@charter.net






2 comments:

wanda knight said...

This is a good one bj. I really like the softness of the trees in the background. And also the nice value contrast.

bj said...

Thanks so much, Wanda. The little creek has so much overgrowth (and undergrowth) that sunlight struggles to get through. But when it does, it's kind of a dreamy scene.