Friday, June 15, 2007

Peaceful Morn at the Battlefield-Tunnel Hill , GA


Cathy Cooksey- This is the view over the battlefield at Tunnel Hill , Ga. in early morning. It's hard to imagine the brutality that occurred here during the Civil War. It is so peaceful here in the mornings, however there is definetly a presence here. You can feel it.

This was my first attempt at Plein Aire. I had experience painting outside, because I paint outside at my shows, but this was the first time I was painting what I was looking at around me. It was amazing how much I learned from this one picture. I'm Hooked. I can't wait to do it again. We painted in morning and at noon. I definitly preferred the morning.
This is a 10 x 14 acrylic and it sells for $100. To purchase contact me at cookseycathy@aol.com

3 comments:

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Wow! This is a great composition!

cathy cooksey said...

Thank you, it's always nice to have compliments from another artist , it means a lot more.

Chris Ousley said...

I'm checking out those shadows...I like that tree on the left intersecting it. Looks like it was a hot day. Just think how hot it was during the battle with the soldiers in those wool uniforms! Ditto what Fawn said.